Effective Date: July 1, 2018
Adamson & Associates Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.adamsontrustee.com/ website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Visitors to our Web Site and Users in general should note that:
- The use of our Web Site is solely at their own risk on an “as is”, “as available” basis. Information on our Web Site is provided for general purposes only and is not intended to render accounting, tax, consultative, investment, legal or other professional advice or services, in any form. Laws, regulations and circumstances change constantly. Our Web Site is not intended to constitute the basis for any decision or course of action of any User’s specific circumstances and Users are cautioned to consult with their professional advisors before making any decision or taking any course of action. Adamson & Associates Inc. makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, quality or completeness of any information on our Web Site. Adamson & Associates Inc. expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and also disclaims any liability for loss or damages which result directly or indirectly from the use in any form of any of the information on our Web Site including any personal information provided by Visitors and Users in general. Where such warranties or conditions are legally incapable of exclusion then Adamson & Associates Inc.’ liability shall be limited to the sum of $100.00 in the aggregate regardless of the number of occurrences. Users assume all risks concerning the suitability to their needs and the accuracy of information on our Web Site and any publications therein.
- The use of this Web Site or any e-mail communication to any one at Adamson & Associates Inc. or to Adamson & Associates Inc. itself does not give rise to a client relationship notwithstanding receipt of such communication. A client relationship shall only arise upon our mutual agreement in writing.
- Internet communications may not be confidential and Adamson & Associates Inc. does not guarantee the confidentiality of any e-mail or internet transmissions. Users are cautioned not to send any information via e-mail or the internet where confidentiality or privacy is an issue. Adamson & Associates Inc. assumes no liability whatsoever for any confidential information sent to us over the internet. Adamson & Associates Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time to the Web Site which may include information, services and technical specifications without notice.
- Adamson & Associates Inc. expressly disclaims any liability regarding links to other web sites or any information, products, or services that they contain.
- Any legal questions or disputes arising from the use of our Web Site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and the courts of the Province of Ontario shall have primary jurisdiction.
- For the purposes of this Disclaimer, Adamson & Associates Inc. shall include its related or affiliated partnerships, its partners, principals, employees, agents and authorized representatives and includes affiliated corporations and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and authorized representatives.
Adamson & Associates Inc. believe that protecting your privacy is important. Our Policies have been designed to meet your needs and as well, they conform to The Personal Information Protection, Ontario’s Personal Information Protection Act, Canada’s Anti-Spam Law, The Digital Privacy Act and Electronic Documents Act which is Federal legislation.
The Rules of Professional Conduct and related Council Interpretations of the various Provincial Chartered Professional Accountants require that partners and staff maintain the confidentiality of client and former client information, as well as the confidentiality of Firm information, except in rare and very specific circumstances.
The Rules of Professional Conduct of the various Provincial Chartered Professional Accountants also require that partners and staff not use confidential information for personal advantage, for the advantage of a third party or to the disadvantage of a client, former client or the Firm, unless consent has been obtained from the client, former client or the Firm.
Service is the https://www.adamsontrustee.com/ website operated by Adamson & Associates Inc.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
- age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
- opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions
- employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute with a client, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs)
Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Adamson & Associates Inc. collects personal information only for the following reasons:
- To provide the products or services that you have requested and maintain commercial relations with you;
- To understand your needs and recommend products and services accordingly;
- To manage our business which includes partnership and employment matters;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your consent.
Sharing of Information
We only share your information with third parties to assist in completing the above uses. Any third party’s use must adhere to our privacy policies or be allowed by the legislation. Examples would be an outside payroll service, an agent hired to perform a service for you, a collection agency, a law enforcement agency or emergency services.
We may share your information with third parties located in a foreign jurisdiction that may be available to a foreign government or its agencies under a lawful order made in that country. We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your consent, unless required by law.
Adamson & Associates Inc. policies are based on a model code for protection of personal information.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
In compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL) we will not use your personal data to send you marketing or promotional materials unless you give us your express consent to do so. Know that even if you provide your data for transactional purposes, we will not contact you with promotions unless you have given consent.
Once you have given express consent we may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may immediately opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided in every email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Adamson & Associates Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Breach Of Data
In the event of a breach in our security, that poses a real risk of significant harm, Adamson & Associates Inc. will notify all affected parties as well as the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Adamson & Associates Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Adamson & Associates Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Adamson & Associates Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Adamson & Associates Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Adamson & Associates Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Adamson & Associates Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Adamson & Associates Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Adamson & Associates Inc.
1750 Ernest Avenue
Or by phone number: (519) 310-5646
If we do not resolve the issue to your satisfaction you may contact:
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent St
Ottawa, Ont., K1A 1H3